Planning a Training
To prepare for a training:
- Promote the training
- Get support from the staff
- It’s important to have support from all staff to ensure the training is successful
- Work with administrative staff
- Schedule dates and times for your trainings.
- Select an appropriate space (preferably on-site) for your trainings.
- In order to ensure all caregivers are trained, you may need to schedule multiple training dates and times to accommodate the work shifts.
- Acquire and prepare (customize) all materials for the trainings
- Determine how you will document your training
- You may need to find someone in advance who can help you take photos or video during the training
- Create a training agenda
- It is important that participants are aware of the agenda and schedule in advance, so they know what to expect
- Become familiar with the toolkit content and training guide
- Prepare the training space